Lawn rollers come in different sizes and are usually made of steel or polyethylene. They can weigh several hundred pounds when filled so be sure that you exercise caution when you use them.
1. For a Level Lawn: A lawn roller is designed to be heavy so that it can level the surface of the soil of your lawn. It keeps the soil flat and even. This will maintain your lawn yard. It’s also use for packing down new sod and seeds. It also repairs those bulges on the lawn created by rodents and frost heaving during the winter.
2. For laying sod and grass seeds: After over-seeding new grass seed and sod, they are pushed further into the soil by a Soil roller so that they can germinate better. They usually grow faster once they are well buried in the soil.
3. For Lawn Repair: To even out the level of your lawn and enhance its appearance, a lawn roller is usually utilized. It can also repair the damage animals have done to your lawn. It also improves the continuity and attachment of grass roots of new grown grass to the soil. Lawn aerators can also help.
4. To Improve Water drainage: Lawns with flaws such as uneven surfaces will promote accumulation of water in certain areas. This may cause growth of molds, fungi, etc. This will also deprive the other areas from proper hydration. With the use of lawn rollers, the surface can be evened and shallow areas corrected for proper drainage.
5. For a Professionally manicured Lawn: Lawns are usually created with stripes with a look of dark and light rows of stripes,. To attain this, roll one row in one direction and turn around and roll in the opposite way to create this style. An even lawn also gives the advantage of easy maintenance in mowing. An even surface can promote an easier and faster clearing of your grounds.